spoke-n-heard

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Americans: A Struggle in Itself

As I uncover more information about the Americans and the events prior to the American Revolution, I begin to get a sense of who they were and what they stood for. The Americans fought a strenuous, both physical and mental, war against civilizations, such as the British,in order to obtain their moral and political rights. They were forced to undergo subordination of their empire in place of a more "powerful" one. Taxation throughout the colonies, prohibition of areas sentimental to them, and having to continuously defend their morality in society were only some of the many factors that defined the significance of the Americans' "struggle".

Because of the concealed details that have finally been exposed and absorbed into my knowledge, I am discovering the true definement of the wise saying "You don't know where you're going, if you don't know where you've been." By learning my country's history,the foundation of its structure, I give rise to a clearer understanding.Finding faults in my country's most recent actions will soon diminish and the appreciation of it will begin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home