spoke-n-heard

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Convictions: They Never Go Away

Throughout my life, I have been convicted by many outside viewpoints of the acception of different real-life situations. I find myself opposing the abortions of unborn fetuses. Because of my belief, I am labeled as an anti-abortionist. I believe that a fetus possesses similar characteristics of a human being. Therefore, it should be considered a child and have a right to inherit life. Expecting mothers that decide to abort their unborn child evidently don't perceive this fetus as a developing human that is solely a part of them.

Personally, an abortion is just a method used for escape of responsibility and consequences. When expecting mothers and fathers feel as though they are incapable of supporting a child, for one reason or another, their first resort is abortion. Although the lack of a stable support system is a legitimate reason for not keeping a child, taking its life has no justification. A child's future relyed on their parents' poor judgment. I feel it is my obligation to obtain this state of mind. Even though this human is not quite tangible, once born, its value and worth is unknown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home