spoke-n-heard

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Addict on the Run!!

On November 6, 2006, I was assigned by my AP U.S. history teacher to go on an "entertainment fast." His personal philosophy was that sources of entertainment, such as television and radio, is not a necessary part of life. He believes that so much more could be accomplished by a person if their time was not consumed by "junk." Monday was the first day of my road to boredom and frustration. I could not listen to the radio for an entire 5 days. How impossible is that! Because of my 'addiction' to music, a struggle lied ahead of me. Still, I had to remind myself that the purpose of the fast was to somehow positively influence that addiction and possibly reveal my improvement in the history class.

Although this simple experiment would only last for a short period of time, uncertainty overcame me. The feeling of doubt was felt within. I wasn't sure whether I would have the ability to endure five days without my comforter. Music has always been my love and my passion. So, listening to it daily has become automatic. However, I desire to learn whether eliminating this source of entertainment will make my life more progressive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home